Coosa Valley Technologies is more than just your average internet provider. We’re part of a local cooperative that is committed to serving our community.
We’re all about using technology to make everyday life easier for our members. Our 100% fiber network offers lightning-fast speeds and unparalleled reliability, so you can stay connected to the people and things that matter most. Plus, our packages can fit within anyone’s budget. Whether you’re streaming, gaming or working from home, we’ve got you covered.
So, What Sets Us Apart From Other Providers?
For starters, Coosa Valley Tech is a broadband subsidiary of Coosa Valley Electric Cooperative, which has been serving this region since 1939.
Because we’re rooted in a cooperative, we’re bound to certain principles that are reflected in our business values. We’re committed to integrity, innovation, accountability, community service and fairness. We seek to improve the lives of our members with high-quality and affordable services that benefit the community.
We’re local. By choosing us over a nationwide brand, you’re helping to keep money and resources in the local economy. This has positive ripple effects of creating jobs, supporting local businesses and fostering a sense of community pride. Plus you’re getting the fast, friendly response many are accustomed to from locally based services.
Being member-focused ensures that we stay focused on delivering the best possible service. To do that, we invest heavily in the latest technology like our built-to-last fiber optic network. Our broadband network is 100% fiber — we offer a level of service that copper wire connections simply can’t match.
So, What Is Fiber, Exactly?
In the past, the most reliable option for internet service was a cable connection that used copper wires to transmit information. While it can be fast, it often slows down during peak traffic hours when you need it the most.
Fiber optic networks, like ours, use superfine strands of glass to send information as bursts of light. Fiber moves data across enormous distances much faster and more efficiently than copper systems. Fiber is also future-proof — the limits of the speeds and data-carrying capacity of fiber optic cables have not been fully realized, so we are confident that it can handle consumer needs today and well into the future.
How Is Fiber Better?
- Speed — Our top speed is 10 to 20 times faster than most cable connections, meaning you can download and upload movies or important work files in a flash.
- Matching upload and download speeds — With most cable internet packages, the upload speed is a fraction of the download speed. This means it could take 10 times longer to upload a video than it takes to download the same video. CVT offers the same upload/download speed in every package, giving you a consistent, quality internet experience.
- Reliability — Fiber can handle more users and more data at consistently higher speeds. Because it’s made out of glass, it’s rarely affected by weather conditions, making it less prone to outages.
- No throttling — Unlike many other internet providers that ration their service during high-use times by significantly reducing speeds, we don’t need to throttle our network because fiber is less susceptible to overload.
- More secure — Fiber optic cables are difficult to tap into, meaning personal data is less likely to be intercepted or hacked.
- Less lag — Low latency means that fiber optic cables can transmit data almost instantaneously. This is particularly important for applications that require real-time data transmission, such as online gaming, videoconferencing and remote desktop applications.
- Future-proof — Fiber can handle a higher bandwidth and faster speeds than any other technology available today, so it’s a smart investment for the long term.
At Coosa Valley Tech, we go above and beyond to make connecting with us a simple and seamless experience.
Why Settle for Less When You Can Have the Best?
When you sign up with Coosa Valley Tech, you get:
- Fiber optic internet directly connected to your home, not a drop-off point.
- Consistent quality service throughout the system.
- No extra fees or contracts, with a cancel anytime policy.
- Smooth switchover from current phone service provider.
Say goodbye to confusing service plans and hello to straightforward offers from Coosa Valley Tech. To experience the power of community-driven broadband, sign up today at coosavalleytech.com.
Coosa Valley Tech customers can now participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program! By joining, families can enjoy high-speed broadband internet at reduced prices, allowing them to stay connected to work, education and essential services. We are proud to be a part of this initiative and strive to help our community stay connected by offering affordable internet packages that meet the needs of every family. For more information, visit the Federal Communications Commission website. If you are already approved for the ACP, email Coosa Valley Electric Cooperative your application information.
Simple Service Plans
- 300 Megabits per second (Mbps) starting at $59.99 per month
- 500 Mbps starting at $79.99 per month
- 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) starting at $99.99 per month
Download and upload speeds are matching.
- Managed Wi-Fi for $10 per month
- Digital voice service at $24.99 per month when bundled with an internet service package
Coosa Valley Technologies service packages do not have data caps or service contracts.